Virtualization System Engineer
Area of Interest:
Start Date: flexible
We're seeking a motivated Virtualization System Engineer that will join us and be part of our vision.
Why you'll love Netex
As part of the IT services team,this Engineer will lead implementing, managing and monitoring the Virtual and Storage environment, and being part of a team that values collaboration and excellence.
Responsibilities in this role:
- Architecture, design, install, configure, monitoring and maintenance VMware ESX, ESXi, within vSphere/vCenter 6 environments,
- Build, configure and deploy VMs and templates,
- Architecture, design, install, configure, monitoring and maintenance all storage appliances including SAN, NAS, Replication and Backup storage appliances,
- Perform planned maintenance activities on an established cycle,
- Maintain accurate and up to date inventory & documentation,
- Responsible for standardize the storage maintenance, provisioning and decommissioning process,
- Responsible for provisioning, maintaining, managing and monitoring Chassis/Blade infrastructure.
Requirements and skills:
- Preferably graduate in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, related majors such as Math, Physics,
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering with an aptitude for learning new technologies,
- 6 to 8 years in a Windows, Linux, HP/Dell hardware including blade technology,
- Hands on experience in iSCSI, NFS, and Fiber Channel protocols to ESX hosts,
- Experience with SAN, NAS, iSCSI and other storage allocation to ESXi clusters and troubleshooting VMDK/RDM in virtual machines,
- Experience with Physical-to-Virtual (P2V), Virtual-to-Virtual (V2V) and Virtual-to-Physical (V2P),
- Strong understanding of Virtual CPU, virtual memory, networking and storage setup,
- Experience with EMC VNX 5300/5400 series, Recover-point, Data Domain, Avamar,
- Experience with Microsoft clustering in a VMware environment,
- Familiarity implementing and using VMware solutions for Database technologies like MS SQL Server and/or Oracle will be preferred,
- Experience in Troubleshooting Hardware and Operating system related issues,
- Thorough knowledge of physical and logical disk systems and their impact on performance,
- VMWare certification preferred,
- Experience in establishing and sustaining excellent relationships with the extended team,
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
Are you ready to change a World?
Make your mark on the business of the future and apply now.